Several scholarship opportunities are available for our current students AND potential students. For summary of scholarships, click HERE
- Oahu Federal Credit Union Tuition Program
- Kipona Scholarship
- Prudential Community of Spirit Award
- Augustine Education Foundation Tuition Scholarship
- Mary, Star of the Sea Scholarship
- Reid J.K. Richards & Beatrice Young Foundation Kamakaho’ohie Scholarship
The Kipona Scholarship is a competitive need-based scholarship. The following students are eligible to apply:
- SY 2020-2021 new applicant grade entry levels are K, 6, and 9.
- Island of residency do not matter; as long as applicants are State of Hawaiʻi residents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in or plan to enroll in a Kipona participating private school.
The Prudential Spirit of Community Award
This program is designed to recognize top middle level youth volunteers across the State and Nation.
Augustine Educational Foundation (AEF) Tuition Scholarship Program
Due date: March 2nd, 2020
In the spirit of trying to conserve paper and application printing costs, we are attempting to go a little more paperless with the AEF tuition assistance program.
Below you will find the instructions on how to apply for the AEF Scholarship. Applications will no longer be issued by the school AND submission is done directly online. Please follow the links below for more information and instructions on how to file online.
Mary, Star of the Sea Scholarship
Due date: March 2nd, 2020
The Mary, Star of the Sea Scholarship is awarded to students who will attend Mary,Star of the Sea School for the upcoming 2020 – 2021 School Year. The Mary, Star of the Sea (MSOS) Scholarship Committee reviews each application individually and uses the Augustine Education Foundation (AEF) Tuition Scholarship Program Application to determine eligibility.
The criteria used in the selection process includes:
- Financial need
- MSOS parishioner (not mandatory)
- Multiple siblings at MSOS
- Multiple siblings at another Hawaii Catholic school
- Longevity: Number of years already enrolled at MSOS (ELC included)
- Academic Achievement
- Special circumstances
Click below for more information on how to apply for this new scholarship opportunity …
Reid J.K. Richards & Beatrice Young Foundation Kamakaho’ohie Scholarship
Due date: March 1st, 2020
The Reid J.K. Richards Foundation was established in 1999, in memory of Reid James Kamakaho’ohie Richards, who passed away following a courageous battle with lymphoma. At the time of his passing Reid was 33 years young and left behind a wife and two young children. The primary objective of the foundation is to provide the support necessary to aid grieving children and young adults who have lost a parent or primary caretaker through death. The loss of a parent or primary caretaker often results in financial hardship that can limit the potential achievements for many young people.
For more information about this special scholarship, please click on the links below: