“There is a voice inside of you
that whispers all day long,
‘I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong.’
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
or wise man can decide
what’s right for you – just listen to
the voice that speaks inside”
– Shel Silverstein
5th graders hosted this month’s Flag Raising ceremony as they introduced the Character Trait of the month – INTEGRITY. Here are some ways they suggested children can demonstrate their integrity:
- Keep your promises even if it takes extra effort.
- Go back to a store and pay for something you forgot to pay for.
- Never betray a friend’s trust even if you get in trouble.
- Inform the cashier he gave you too much change back.
- Do not gossip or talk badly about someone.
- Remain true to your friends, family, and teachers.
- Always be honest when doing your school work.
- Return money that you noticed someone dropped without expecting a reward.
- Do not let someone else take the blame for something you did.
- Prepare thoroughly for assignments and exams so you are not tempted to cheat.
- Do not let other students copy from your exams, and do not lend any papers or assignments that you have completed to other students.
- Report incidents of academic dishonesty to your teacher.
- Clean your room without having to be told.
- Help out around the house without being asked.
- Pray even when you aren’t in church.